Monday, December 16, 2013

All is Merry and Bright!

Hello everyone!

This week has brought more miracles.  I love it!  Yes there were struggles of course, but that's just boring and down, so let's talk about the good times. :)

One miracle came from going out with President Winder Wednesday night.  We started out by contacting a family to invite them to the ward Christmas party, and it turns out that President knew them!  Crazy story which I cannot spend too much time on, but it consists of President and Sister Winder praying to meet someone they could help a week or two ago, then meeting a waitress at Cracker Barrel who was a member and helping her develop a greater desire to come back to church.  Turns out that she is in our ward.  Coincidence?  I think NOT!

We had some great lessons with other families as well. My favorite was reconnecting with an investigator we had never met who is a junior in high school.  He told us about how he really liked learning about the gospel but then school and choir got in the way and he was too busy now.  Man, I testified with all my heart and soul about how seeking the Lord first will really bless him in his schooling.  If nothing else, four years of that in high school and two more years at BYU taught me that one lesson!  Needless to say, he committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday this week.  He is the coolest guy ever and I am excited for him!

What more can I say.  I don't even know.  Christmas is in full swing and it is fun to be able to sing and play carols for people!  So far, no member has taken up on my offer to go caroling to their neighbors with them, but I hope to change that soon....

And to end, a FANTASTIC quote from President Hinckley.  I love it:

"For you, my dear friends, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. ...  Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart." 
          New Era, Nov. 2003 - "DAUGHTERS OF THE ALMIGHTY"  (Don't judge me.... )
 
Awesome.  Just awesome.  My favorite part is the scrub sentence.  I cracked up so hard, haha!  But I love his message!  We have ENORMOUS potential!  We just need to work hard to realize it!  The Lord knows what we can do, so let's go out and DO IT!!!  Let us be good examples!  Let us share His gospel!  Let us proclaim the glad message of Christ's gospel to the world!  The Lord will strengthen us!  We know what the outcome will be - Christ will conquer all.  Let us choose to be on that side now and forever!

Love you all!

--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment