Monday, December 2, 2013

Transfers!

Hello everyone!

The sad news is that I am leaving the ward I have been in for the past 3 transfers.  Things are really bumping there, so Elder Taylor will have a lot of fun serving and training a new missionary!  I am super excited.  I am now moving to the Boise West stake with Elder Lehmuller from Chicago.  Picture included (excuse the weird face...):Inline image 1

So I am pretty stoked.  It will be a great transfer!  Yeesh it's only in pictures that I realize how huge I actually am....  Carazy to see sometimes!

Twas a roller-coaster week.  All things went well to get Jim ready for baptism, the interview was held, and I was STOKED!  I was just super duper excited.  And then Jim told us on Thursday that he didn't want to be baptized this Saturday.  A little devastating, to say the least.  But we kept on going along with it, knowing that the Lord knows what will happen.  We invited him to another baptism going on that weekend, and he had a pretty good time.  He was thinking about going to check out another church near his house, but a couple of ward members there at the baptism convinced him otherwise.  So I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to get him baptized here soon.  Super good!

Our Thanksgiving day was pretty great.  We had two dinner appointments back to back, one with an investigator, and then a couple other places to visit that night, but through eating slowly and controlling what I ate, things went pretty well.  I could have stuffed myself more, but ... yeah I didn't really feel like it.  Fortunately people are understanding here in Idaho.  They know what missionaries go through as far as food goes. :)

It was amazing for me to see how much the Lord has taught me these past few transfers.  I think the big thing that happened for me was that I had my testimony solidified that this really is Christ's church here on the earth!  Like Preach my Gospel says, it isn't just another church or just another religion, but truly the truth of God restored again today!  Realizing this has really helped me to be a little bolder in the way I teach and contact.  Really cool to see!

I really know that the Lord is watching out for us!  Through good times and bad, through ups and downs and all arounds.  I am grateful that He is still teaching me and helping me learn from my experiences.  I will be looking to learn more as I continue on.

Thanks for all your support and prayers!

Love, 

--Elder Usevitch
 
PS - for the 2nd picture, Elder Taylor and I both earned the Thomas S. Monson award - new Scouting award as of this year.  Check it out!
 
Displaying P1000336.JPG
Displaying P1000351.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment