Monday, June 24, 2013

Week One!

Dear Family,

First off, I have to say that the weather here is pretty awesome.  Nice and cool, some clouds, a little rain here and there, just beautiful.  In fact, it's been almost a little chilly in the mornings as Elder Nelson and I have gone out running!  Weird...

The work is going so well here!  We are teaching and trying to find more to teach!  Hopefully as we continue to ask around and talk to people, we can find more to teach.  That would be really awesome.  We'll just keep working hard!  Hard and strong!

We were able to have some great lessons with one investigator, Ryan, who is almost 18, a rugby player, and just awesome.  He realized he needed and wanted to be baptized, and so we were able to set a date for July 13th with him!  Yeah!  We're hoping to get baptismal dates with two more of our investigators soon, and start them on that journey towards eternal life.  I am really excited for them.

And yeah, about that missionary broadcast.... WOW!  Crazy, huh?  And I thought I had gotten rid of facebook for two years... Yeesh.  But we must adapt to a changing world, so if that's what I have to do to share the gospel, then I'll do that!  I know that I need to just trust in God and His prophets to lead and guide me along the right path!

Along with that, this Sunday was just such a refresher to me.  We stopped in on three sacrament meetings, and it was really nice to just sit and ponder during those.  Going in with a question is also something that I really enjoy doing, and I was able to receive some great answers to those questions.  

In the first ward, the musical number was a song sung by a 10 or 11 year old Primary girl.  I can't remember the name, but the chorus starts "God gave us families To help us become what he wants us to be ... "  That simple music just really hit me hard and reminded me of how I love all of you!!  You are the best family ever!!  Don't worry, it didn't make me homesick or anything; it just reminded me of the quote I've seen around at different people's homes:

        "MISSIONARY (noun) - one who leaves his family for two years so that others can be with their family forever!"

Just the best.  I really hope to see others come to the gospel and to Christ so that they can be with their families forever!  That would be the most amazing miracle to experience.
I know this gospel is true!  I know that attending church is one of the best things we can do to follow God and learn more of how to become with Him!  The Book of Mormon is the word of God and will bless all of our lives if we live its teachings.  But to leave you with some food for thought, here are some questions to ponder:
  • How do you know you are a child of God?
  • What does that knowledge motivate you to do?
  • How can you help others realize for themselves that they are children of God?
Love you!

--Elder Usevitch


No comments:

Post a Comment