Monday, July 1, 2013

Amazing Times!!

First off, I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE EMAILS!!!!  Holy COW it is so awesome to hear what is going on in your lives!!!  There is so much good happening that is so incredible!  I just wish I could be there to share in each and every one of those awesome experiences!
But actually, not really.  I'm on a mission.  So Nanner nanner nanner!!! [Thumb on nose and fingers wiggling in the air] :)

Haha, wow I wish I had more time to address everything you talked about in your emails.  But first I must tell you about this week.  Or maybe about 1% thereof!

To set the records straight, I am serving in the Amity Stake up here - I think it's on the border of Meridian and Boise, but I'm not super sure, actually.  We cover 5 wards, and I can successfully say that I know the names of the bishops and ward mission leaders in each.  Keeping track of who lives where in what ward is hard, but it's coming.  Slowly. :)

This week started off rough.  We had so many great appointments, but slowly, one by one, they fell. Dropped, Canceled, Rescheduled, you name it.  For those RM's out there, we would probably have had 8+ member present lessons, but we ended up with ... zero.  With all the craziness, we couldn't get to meet with anyone that we had members come with us to!

It was rough, but Elder Nelson and I dug in, prayed to know how we could improve, and asked for greater faith and miracles.  We learned how to give stronger commitments to everyone, we kept persevering, and miracles did come!  We found a few people to talk to, to give lessons to, and we have been able to work with members and leaders to get this stuff going!  I am really looking forward to these next few weeks.

We have had some great lessons with a few people here and there, such as a younger couple who are preparing to go to the temple but don't have too much knowledge of the gospel, an older lady Susie who the missionaries have been meeting with for a long time, and a great family who have such faith in God but just don't know about the restored gospel yet.  Haha, that last one we are going to hit hard next week with the Restoration, since previous missionaries haven't brought that up yet.

I have learned more about finding efforts this week, more about extending commitments, and also the Atonement's power to change desires.  I am trying to gain more of a desire to do missionary work, talk to everyone, etc., etc., and as I have relied on the atonement of Jesus Christ to help me change, I have seen baby steps of improvement.  I know that it is only through Christ's atonement that we can change!

Oh how could I forget?  We totally just got a new mission president!  President and Sister Winder are from SLC and they are awesome.  I'm excited to see what they will bring.  Plus, this also brought down the area seventy, and I got to participate in a ward council with him giving some great insights.  Love it! 

End with questions.  I LOVE questions.  Questions are the key to learning!  Here are some examples if you can't think of any for yourself:
  • How can I spiritually prepare myself for revelation on how to further the Lord's work?
  • What can I do to bring my desires and actions into closer harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ?
  • How can I better rely on the Atonement to help me change my desires?
I know this is such a great work!  I know that the gospel has been restored!  I know that Christ lives and is directing this work.  I am so grateful to be a minister for him.

Love you!

--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment