Monday, September 16, 2013

A crazy week!

Hello everyone!
 
Yeah with transfers and everything, it was all over the place.  We didn't get to teach as much as normal, but we did get two new elders all settled in!  My two new companions are Elder Taylor who just recently moved to Grand Junction, CO, and Elder Kinderknecht (say Kinder-kinect) from Delta, CO.  Pretty great!  They are two awesome missionaries who are ready to serve!  I'm excited for this next transfer.
 
We had a few good lessons, but the highlight was how we got a bunch of our investigators out to church this week!  That just made my day.  Last transfer we struggled.  Actually, the last two transfers.  Yesterday, though, was an all-time high, and I'm looking forward to keeping that up!
 
Funny story of the week:  the day the two new elders came in, we had a meeting in the morning, then ran home to make some lunch before we had a district meeting that afternoon.  We made a bunch of PB&J's, and I was trying to wolf them down so we could go.  Unfortunately, at one point, I grabbed my sandwich and took 5 or so massive bites .... only to look down and see that it was actually Elder Kinderknecht's.  Uh... hehehe... yeah he was pretty surprised at that.  Should've seen the look on his face!
 
We got all set up with bikes and unpacking eventually, and now this week is going to be a hard push to keep the area up and moving!  I can't wait to see what we can do this transfer!  I know I need to keep my faith and hopes up, and as I do the Lord will bless us with miracles.  I know that is true.  It has been and will continue to be interesting as I take the lead with the companionship, but I see now that the Lord is just helping me to learn and grow even more.
 
Love you all!  Thanks for everything you've done for me!
 
--Elder Usevitch
 
Picture time! 
 
1.  An interesting shot at the old Idaho Penitentiary...
2. My new companions!
 
Inline image 2Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment