Monday, September 9, 2013

TRANSFERS!

Hello everyone!
 
First off, yes, libraries were closed yesterday, so I could not write.  So today is email day!  Yay!  I have to start off again by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for emails!!!  I seriously have the best family ever.  I would give a lot just to be able to talk to each of you for a few hours.  But all is well though, there will be plenty of time in the eternities for that!
 
This week was absolutely, insanely awesome!  We started out the first few days just BUSY as all get out!  So many lessons each day, seeing so many investigators learn, grow, and progress, it was the coolest thing ever!  One of our investigators, Pat, we had two lessons with, and he was so receptive.  I love that man so much!  We even talked about him getting married to his girlfriend he is living with, which ended up being a great experience.  We'll see what he says when we meet with him tonight, but they both understood why he needed to get married before he gets baptized.  I look forward to keep teaching him.
 
Other investigator meetings went well, especially the day we went out with the Elder's Quorum President from our ward.  He was able to connect with a bunch of the investigators and less-actives that we met with, which was super duper cool.  One LA we visited showed us his music studio - he used to go touring with bands as a back-up, and for all you guitar fans, he has a real Les Paul Pro electric guitar.
 
If you are as clueless as me about what that means, well it is a guitar that they only made 1200 of, a guitar that the Beatles used to play, and a guitar that, as the EQP put it, is the Corvette of all guitars.  Pretty awesome.
 
So our week started off with a bang, and continued with a bang.  AKA as I was biking along Thursday, my inner tube exploded.  My companion almost thought I had been shot.  Pretty funny!  So we walked for the rest of that day, got a new inner tube the next day, and Saturday as we rode down the hill, I heard ssss sss  sss ss.... and found out that it had gone flat. Big gash from something or other.  And bike shops happen to be closed on Labor day, so I'll go by today and see if I can get a patch kit.  Oh well.
 
In other news, my comp got a little sick again, we have been dealing with massive amounts of rust in the water from the well the house is hooked up to (Poor comp - stained his whites orange.  Multiple times. I have been... Lucky? Blessed? :) 
 
BUT NEVERTHELESS!  "The truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear; till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say, 'The work is done!'" --Joseph Smith
 
One thing I have been thinking about today is freedom.  Mostly because I visited the Old Idaho Penitentiary yesterday. So here are things I will be thinking about this next week:
  • How can our agency enhance or limit our choices?
  • How can we find freedom from sin through Christ?
  • How can we help others find that freedom and light?
I know that through Christ we can truly be freed from the bondage of sin! I am so thankful for the help and strength He has given me to overcome!  I look forward to continuing to share that with others.
 
I still love you all!  Thanks for all you do!
 
--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment