Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall is Falling!

Halllooooooo!!

We have been enjoying on and off rain over the past 2 weeks.  Granted, some enjoy it more than others, (like those who stay inside and don't bike around all day) but it has been really nice and cool.  Can't complain!  We just don the jackets and go out.

This past week has been pretty great, with some great lessons and experiences.  I am really thankful for what I have been learning from everyone about having a good attitude, because there have definitely been some times where I could have let my spirits fall, but I have forced myself to not let it happen!  Singing songs helps a lot in those situations. :)  But despite the rain, the cool, and everything else, Heavenly Father has really helped us in the work.

I would have to say that my favorite experience from this past week would be our lessons with Patrick.  We found a member in the ward to bring with us, and they hit it off right from the start!  They both went through similar upbringings and experiences, and instantly connected.  That was a real miracle, especially because Patrick admits that it's hard for him to trust people at first.  That lesson really made him think and wonder, and in the one we had a few days later, he said that he has seen his attitude change 100% at work.  He is more calm and collected, and he said "I would have never guessed that this would have come from the Book of Mormon!"  It was great to hear him share his testimony of how he knows that the Book of Mormon is true.  He wants to get baptized, although he says he still needs time to think about it more.  Soon!  Soon!

That experience really helped confirm to me the truth and reality of what I am doing as a missionary!  He was the first investigator I have had who has come to know the Book of Mormon is true.  Just hearing his testimony has fueled me to keep on trucking in this great work.  Plus, I can use his words in example as another testimony to others who I am teaching right now.  He is such a great guy.

The other success story is with the less-active Susie we have been teaching.  She has continued to not smoke, and she came to church and met with the bishop afterwards.  She was super scared to do that, but we had given her that little push and encouragement, and she did it!  Later on she texted us and thanked us for helping her with that.  She said she really did feel that weight lifted off her shoulders that we said she would feel.

And the other success stories are new investigators we have found!  And there are more successes on top of those successes!  The Lord is really helping and blessing us with a lot.  As we keep our spirits up and work hard to invite others to come unto Christ, He has blessed us with such amazing opportunities.  I hope that we can continue to do that more until we are really working hand in hand with the ward to fill our schedules with teaching and more teaching and more teaching and.... :)

Elders Taylor and Kinderknecht are opening up, working hard, and doing a great job.  I really love serving with them.  I can't wait to see what they will do over the course of the rest of their missions.  

Gotta go right now, might have time to right more later.  We'll see...

Love you all!

--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment