Monday, October 21, 2013

No Subject

Hallaballoo, everyone!

I had another great week in the mission field.  The weather has been nice, the trees are spectacular, and hearts are warming up to the gospel despite the few frosts.  Transfer calls were yesterday, and all three of us are staying here in this area!  I am really excited for that, since there is a lot happening in the next month or so.  We have a great Halloween neighborhood/ward party, Rake up Boise, and a ward rake up coming, all of which bode well for future opportunities to teach....

Had two exchanges with other missionaries this week.  I like being able to work with other missionaries to be inspired and to try to inspire.  One crazy experience we had was knocking doors in one apartment complex.  It was basically the most successful tracting experience ever.  We got 2 or 3 return appointments, had a great conversation with a guy who used to be Special Ops in the Army, and shared a lunch with a Muslim family.  It just so happened to be Ede that day, one of their big holidays (kinda like Christmas, they said), so we joined and had some delicious rice, lamb, meatballs, and homemade yogurt.  Yum.

It's crazy how the Lord works out miracles in many different ways.  On my other exchange, we stopped to talk to a lady outside the house of one of our appointments.  She was out walking her dog, and we had a good conversation.  I was a little disappointed when we didn't get to tie it into the gospel, but moved on.  

Imagine my surprise when a lady in our ward calls us the next day to tell us that she has a friend at work who she invited to come to church to hear her sing.  Her friend was super excited to come, and then told her about how she met some missionaries the day before.  She said that usually missionaries she has met try to push the gospel on her, but these ones were different and just had a really nice conversation with her.  Upon being asked for a description, she told of how one was really tall from Texas, and he just had a great smile.  (Pride alert....)

Soooo crazy!  So this lady comes to church, I met her again, and ... wow.  Sometimes just being happy and smiling can be a great missionary tool!  I'm so glad I learned the value of being happy. =D

I had a great time this week learning more about the principle of grace and salvation.  I looked again at one of my favorite talks - the one by Brad Wilcox with the piano lesson analogy of grace.  LOVE that talk.  Everything just made so much more sense as I tried to explain it in our companion study.  I just love those times when it feels like revelation just keeps flowing into you!  It is amazing to understand more that Christ paid for the full measure of our salvation, and we do not do good works to pay any part of that, but we do so to access and use the power of His Atonement.  As we use that enabling power, we are able to improve and become more like our Father in Heaven.

I know the gospel is true!  I am so grateful to be learning that more and more every day.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I really do feel it every day that I go out and serve.
Love,

--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment