Monday, July 15, 2013

Missionary Work is AWESOME!!!!

So much to write.  So little time today.  Sorry!  Here are some highlights of what being a missionary, to me, is:

  • To teach 3 first lessons in one night.  Super hard to adjust each to different people, but super great!
  • To be uplifted by leaders.  New missionary training meeting was amazing!  Fired me up to keep going!  I broke out all my MTC advice on planning and it has been so cool to see how it really does work!  Amazing! ;)
  • To see how the Lord does help us go to the right place at the right time to uplift and help investigators.  Like Sara said, "It seems you just show up right when I need some help!"  The Lord is watching over His children!
  • To open to the right scripture right when you need it.
  • To find those who are prepared to come back to the fold, and to be there to help.
  • To learn that you are there to "teach, and not be taught" (D&C something-or-other...sorry.)  I don't have time to listen to you spend 10 minutes explaining your theories of probability and multiverses (AKA multi-universes).  Blech.
  • To work with members of the ward:  Leaders, Priests, visiting home, giving challenges, etc., etc.
  • To be fed by member---  I mean WHAT?!? Why would I ever even put that in here.... My apologies.  :P
  • To learn what it feels like to be an angel - one who brings the word of God to another, uplifts them, teaches them, and gives all the glory to God.
  • To get an investigator out to church!  FINALLY!  Sara was SWAMPED with ladies as soon as she got there.  It was SWEET!!!! I love the members here!
  • And finally, let's get out of these bullet points because this next lesson experience was my favorite of this week
I went on splits with a member of the ward, who converted 2 or 3ish years ago.  We taught a lesson to Sam and Joann, who are pretty strong in their faith but accepted us going by.  We taught Joann once, and she was pretty defensive, but it was different this time around.  Sam had questions about what we taught about the priesthood, the apostasy, and other things.  We were able to take the Bible and the Book of Mormon side by side and lay before him the scriptures.

Wow.  It was incredible.  I have to say I felt bad because the brother there (he was Polish, by the way. :) didn't say a word after we started.  Mostly because I kinda dominated too much.  I have never seen the Spirit change someone so much during a lesson!!  Sam was blown away.  I really hope he remembers that experience and seeks the truth as he said he would in the Book of Mormon.

No questions today, sorry. :(  Gotta run.  Good luck with everything!  Love you ALL!!

--Elder Usevitch

No comments:

Post a Comment