Wednesday, November 13, 2013

An apology in order...

As Monday was Veterans Day, Libraries were closed.  Tuesday was zone conference.  And so today is the day that I get to email.  Yay!
First of all, an emotional release is in order:
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
I love all your emails SO MUCH!!!!  What a great gift each of you are to a missionary learning his way in the gospel.  They just pick me up and help me so much.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!
And now to the fun stuff:  first off, the big thing we are working on this week is one of our investigators, Robert, is being baptized on the 23rd!  Yay!!!  I am super excited.  Such a solid guy - he gets home from work around midnight, has to make dinner, and still makes time to read the Book of Mormon before bed around 2.  Then he gets up to go to school the next day.  Wow.  Oh and Mom, the pictures from the one family you got are the family in the ward we are teaching him with.  So much fun!
We had some awesome lessons this week.  Tons of help from the ward, too!  Our big thing now that I didn't figure out earlier is that the ward is SUCH a resource for helping us!  We have been scheduling appointments overlapping each other, which then gives us a need for members of the ward to split with.  Plus, we get to get more work done!  It has been fun to get more and more people in the ward involved.
It is also fun to be working in an area for an extended period of time.  I know most of the ward now through visiting people Bishop has sent us to and also just going down the ward directory and working with everyone!  It's kinda fun to have the HP group leadership sit down with us and ask us who various people off the ward directory are.  And we proceed to tell them who they are, what happened when we visited them, etc.  They have really realized that missionaries are a super good resource. :)
My favorite learning experience this week was through a zone meeting on Friday and then Zone Conference on Tuesday.  I am grateful that the Lord prepared me for receiving the revelation that I did at those meetings.  Let me describe that preparation: there has always come a point each transfer or so where I feel like there is something more that I should be doing, something else that I need to know.  Then it has turned out that I go to a meeting and learn things that help me exactly how I need them!
It's an interesting concept, really - there are times when I have felt uneasy and discontented, feeling like the Spirit is not there.  I have learned that there are three things this could represent. Some of those times obviously are when I have done some sin to offend God.  However, there are other times where I feel like God draws back his Spirit to help me grow.  When I don't feel the Spirit as strong, I search for why, wonder why, and seek out what more I can be doing.  This has happened each time before zone meetings/conferences.  What this withdrawing of the Spirit does is help me get into the attitude of searching and seeking so that when I do go to that meeting, I am ready to receive the revelation He wants to give me.  Then it is up to me to act on that and continue on.  Again, this has been a poor description of the idea I want to convey, but I hope the Spirit fills in the true meaning of what I am trying to get at.
So in this case, I went to zone meeting and conference and learned about repentance and using the Book of Mormon more effectively.  I am excited to apply this knowledge and seek more to help me succeed better as a missionary! 
And for the fun moment of the week, I had someone ask me if I had kids, I had an investigator think I was around thirty years old, and no, Mom, despite you THINKING I look skinny, I am fuller and fatter than ever. :)  Bring on the weight!  I'm now trying to slow down a little so I don't gain even more.  The garbage disposal of all garbage disposals has met it's match: the Idaho Spud.  ;)
Have a great week!  Love you all!
--Elder Usevitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment